landen

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wow. It is now September 2012 and my original (ahem. ONLY post) took place in September 2011! That's pretty ri-di-cu-lous if you ask me! But, I'm back, and yes- I'm typing this and sending these words out into the great world wide web- I'm here to stay. Well...I think I'm here to stay. I can do it!? Maybe? Yes? Any votes of confidence out there? Ok, let's face it. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. I am now the mama of two (yep- had a baby) beautiful girls. My oldest is in preschool now (tear...well, many tears to be accurate) so between chauffeuring her around and taking care of my little one (3 months old!) I'm kinda busy. Did I mention I launched an online store through the Teachers Pay Teachers website? Check it out if you have a chance at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Hootie-Patootie!) Anyways, all this to say that 1)I'm super busy being a mama, 2)I'm super busy being a wife, 3)I'm super busy doing freelance graphic design work, but 4)I really want to start doing this blog thing and taking it seriously...maybe that's not the right word...consistently. Yes. Consistently.
 
So, what am I working on right now? Thank you for asking. My preschooler is really into math and simple addition right now and low and behold, she asked me for some "pirate math" to do. Not knowing what this meant exactly or where to find said "pirate math" I designed her a pirate math printable, which turned into an entire booklet of pirate literacy and math activities. Which turned into turning that booklet of pirate printables into another booklet of pirate printables for older primary students.
 
What else do I have in the works? I'm throwing a "Bee is for Boy" babee shower in just a tad over a month. So, hopefully some super cute pics are on the way.
 
Where am I going in the days and weeks to come? I'd like to turn our quiet, pretty much unused eat-in kitchen nook into our learning corner. I don't know yet if I'll be a homeschooling mama or a hands-on-room-mom at my daughter's school next year, but either way, we'd love to have a useful spot for thinking (this feels a little like a Winnie-the-Pooh reference), for being creative together, for reading, doing homework, whatever is thrown at us as we embark on the school years. I have many ideas for our corner that I'd love to share with you. (And my sharing this IN PRINT will hopefully motivate me to get organized and get goin!)
 
So, come along with me on this adventure...that's the way I'm choosing to look at it. I'll probably be sitting here with a great big cup of coffee typing and posting pictures...you can bring your cup of coffee and snoop in on what we're working on, whether it's learning to read or just doing some fun crafts!! From the heart, I hope that what we're doing will inspire you, and that you'll inspire me too. And, it'll be fun.
 
See ya next year for my annual blog post!
 
Just kidding.  :-)
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment