landen

Friday, September 7, 2012

Send A "Hug" To A Loved One

Ok, so this is going to be a short post, I think...but I wanted to share what my preschooler has been busy with this morning. Such a special treat for Mommy to get out the big paper for a project!
 
My little sister, Julie, moved off to college a couple of weeks ago, and since it's the first time she's lived alone (well, without family nearby- I don't really miss the days of living with 3 roommates!!) we decided to send her a care package to let her know we're thinking about her. I saw this great idea on Pinterest, of course - and my husband would be sighing if he were reading this because he is all too aware of my Pinterest addiction- here if you want to check it out: http://www.supermommoments.com/2012/08/send-hug/. Obviously, this was just way too cute to pass up.

So, we pulled out the materials- just used a huge piece of newsprint (left over from my college art days) - a sharpie, a bucket 'o' crayons, and a super excited preschooler!

 
Just have your kiddo lay down with their arms extended in a "hug" on the newsprint or other large piece of paper....


...trace around their body with a Sharpie...

 
...color in their features...

 
...write in a message....

 
....and wa-la....

 
 
For laughs- does anyone notice or recognize the box I'm using? Haha...it's the only one I could fit that would fit everything!


 
Now, that's a package any college kid, or grandparent would be excited to receive!


And if you're sending it to a college kid, make sure you send some edibles as well so they don't starve on you!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment