landen

Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day, Ya'll!

Had such a lovely Sunday night last night with my little ones. It was a girl's night since my husband was at orchestra rehearsal. Now, don't judge me here....I opened up a can of those lovely o's covered in "marinara sauce", dumped them in a bowl and heated them in the microwave for my four-year-old. Yes I did. And we sat at the counter and ate them and then popped up some kettle corn for our movie night. So sweet to get some cuddle time in with her after putting my 3-month old down to bed for the night. We played "eenie-meenie-miney-mo" to decide if we would take a bite of kettle corn or a bite of the leftover Sweet and Saltines that I had made for my sister (she just moved away to college, so these were made to take back to her apartment so she wouldn't starve to death!!). Trisha Yearwood- thank you for your recipe (Get it here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sweet-and-saltines-recipe/index.html). Delish. And you can take a note from our household and pair it with a healthy-sized bowl full of kettle corn. The highlight of movie night was hearing Caitlin sing "...catch a tiger by it's toe; if he SLOBBERS let him go. Eenie-meenie-miney-mo." Haha. It was pretty hard to keep a straight face.

In addition to Trisha Yearwood's delicious Sweet and Saltines recipe, I made Giada de Laurentiis' Turkey and Spinach Taquitos (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-and-spinach-taquitos-recipe/index.html) this weekend with the ground turkey meat I didn't know what to do with. They turned out absolutely fabulous and get the stamp of approval from my husband, 4 year old, mom, college-aged sister, and myself. Try it. You won't be sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment